Job Posting: Solar Technologist/Technician
Guelph Solar is a solar energy solutions company, specializing in solar residential and commercial development, installation and maintenance, solar battery back-up, and net metering installation. As a solar energy installer for over 13 years, Guelph Solar is the region’s most experienced and trusted solar company. We value ecology, community, and high-quality services, and our team members are committed to building the local Clean Energy Economy.
Guelph Solar offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
The current opportunity is to become a permanent, full-time Solar Technician/Technologist team member for residential and commercial installations around Guelph and the surrounding areas. This position would focus on installing and maintaining solar electric equipment.
- Working outdoors most days, in all weather conditions.
- Lifting and transporting solar panels, inverters, Tesla Powerwalls and other necessary materials.
- Fastening aluminum racking systems to support the solar modules.
- Handling and fastening solar panels to aluminum frames.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working
- Attention to detail when completing tasks.
Skills & key competencies:
- Enjoy working independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and willing to learn and follow instructions.
- Able to have fun while staying focused on completing your tasks.
- Take pride in doing quality work.
- Able to safely lift and carry materials of 50lbs and more on a frequent or repetitive basis.
- Work comfortably on construction sites in various weather conditions and environments.
- Able to stand, bend and twist for long periods of time.
The following skills and qualifications would be an asset:
- Hands on construction or farm experience
- Experience with and comfortable at heights (including but not limited to snowboarding/skiing/rock climbing/tree work/roof work)
- Valid G Drivers Licence
Job Type: Permanent, full-time, 40-50 hours a week.
Expected start date: Immediately
Salary: $19.00-$22.50 per hour
Most of our technical work is outside in well ventilated areas.
How to apply: Email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume.