We work in solar energy and energy conservation as a way to contribute to a healthier environment and a more just society. As a company, we also support many local (and international efforts) that align with our values. Some of these are listed below:
- We are recognized as a Living Wage Employer, paying our staff at least enough for themselves and their families to live healthily, meet their basic expenses, and be able to participate in work, family life, and community activities.
- Bridges out of Poverty and other poverty alleviation efforts in Guelph - Steve Dyck, President of Guelph Solar is very passionate about this work and spends much of his time outside of his day job connecting with and supporting families which are underprivileged in Guelph.
- Yorklands Green Hub - Helping to create and maintain a versatile and self-sustaining education, demonstration, innovation and research hub.
- Hooping for Hunger - Hunger alleviation fundraiser supporting the Chalmers Community Centre in Guelph and the Hunger Project, and run by FLOW Office Wisdom.
- Guelph Coalition for Active Transportation - A vision for Guelph to increase the quantity, quality, and safety of active transportation in Guelph.
- Transition Guelph - Promote processes and projects for strengthening community resilience and economic vitality.
We participate in many community events and support many community groups in Guelph and the surrounding area. Our employees are involved in community organizations and efforts to make our town and country a better place. Please get in touch if you would like us to participate in your event or community effort.